The squirrel standard libraries consist in a set of modules implemented in C++. While are not essential for the language, they provide a set of useful services that are commonly used by a wide range of applications(file I/O, regular expressions, etc...), plus they offer a foundation for developing additional libraries.
All libraries are implemented through the squirrel API and the ANSI C runtime library. The modules are organized in the following way:
- I/O : input and output
- blob : binary buffers manipilation
- math : basic mathematical routines
- system : system access function
- string : string formatting and manipulation
- aux : auxiliary functions
The libraries can be registered independently,except for the IO library that depends from the bloblib.